Reply To: RECIPE FORMAT/SYNTAX

homepage Forums HMI Support RECIPE FORMAT/SYNTAX Reply To: RECIPE FORMAT/SYNTAX

RFARDONK
Participant

Hi,

And you are correct in all your points….

Here is my challenge…

Im trying to develop a generic application that can be pre-configured before deployment.
Why?
– Yes, all data is stored in PLCs.
– There can be an undetermined amount of Sites.
– Each site may have up to 8 different groups of different PLCs.
– Some of the groups may have up to 3 PLCs
– The app may be used Locally through LAN so a Local IP is required for the MODBUS/TCP MASTER and can be different by Site.
– The app may be used Remotely and can have a Static IP or a DomainName of the Site’s Router with Port Forwarding to the Site’s MODBUS/TCP Master IP.
– The app will be configured/tight to a unique MASTER MODBUS/TCP GATEWAY Serial Number.

So as you see, If i want to have a generic application and want it to be pre-configured, i want to
create a Profile of Values and Switches that will tell a. which groups are available b. how many
PLCs per group c. Connection Information d. Security

So based on the values and pre-configured switches (On/Off) groups of PLCs and Tags will be used.
Hidden properties of Groups will be Enabled/Disabled based of Control Switches that were Pre-Configured.

And here is the BUT, I just did the first test….. So i PRE-Configured a Test Site….
I ACTIVATED the App, UPLOADED IT, The Remote Site REDEEMED the Activation Code, The App was DOWNLOADED
But ALL, values were empty, and switches were turned OFF.

If i were to send UPDATES regularly, the app will be de-configured.
I already noticed that when a UPDATE is performed and the new version of the app is downloaded the COMMS Monitor
for the PLCs is turned OFF. I can instruct to turn it ON very easy…… BUT the Site’s personnel is not supposed
to have access to the Configuration Page.

The application must be capable to either ADD additional PLCs Groups, or ADD additional PLCs within a Group just
by turning ON Group/PLCs Switches.

And everything is working perfectly…once i provide the connection information and configure the switches…..
Groups appear and disappear. Just not after i “SEND” the new version.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by RFARDONK.