PLC Connector with Remote Host as DomainName

homepage Forums HMI Support PLC Connector with Remote Host as DomainName

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RFARDONK
    Participant

Hello,

As per documentation, when creating a PLC Connector you can specify a Local Host (IP) and a Remote Host (Domain).

Local works fine! using a LAN IP
    Remote accepts a Domain but it won’t work (with Port or without-Port Forwarding @Router)

I checked the example for COMMS but all of them have a “:###” on the Remote Host without an IP or DomainName.

Is this a Documented feature that DOESNT WORK??

admin
    Keymaster

The Remote Host works as advertised.
    We have multiple clients that use this feature.
    If you don’t specify a port, it uses the default port for the PLC that you’re using.
    IE: Siemens, port 102. AB micrologix, 44818. Modbus, 502 and so on.

So if you enter “honeypot.dyndns.org” on a micrologix connector, it’ll automatically add 44818 because that’s the port that micrologix PLC’s listen on. So you would have to forward that port.

If you enter “honeypot.dyndns.org:44101”
    And forward that port on the router, it will NOT work because Micrologix PLC’s only listen on port 44818. So you have to do a port redirect in your router.

Original port: 44101
    Foreword to address: 192.168.1.101 (PLC IP)
    Forward to Port: 44818

Thanks
    Greg M

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by admin.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by admin.
    grzegorz914

Hi,

I use PLC Connector to S7 1200 and other PLC with configured remote dress “dyndns” and all working OK, only what I need to do to open port 102 for S7 ISO/TCP connection. Check please Your firewall and port config on router. Check what port need to be open for Your communication protocol.

Best Regards
    Grzegorz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.